You won’t need us to tell you this holiday season looks a little different this year but whichever ways you enjoyed spending previous years’ festivities, this list is sure to have something to lift your spirits.
Cooking or Baking
What better way to comfort the soul after a year like this than with some tasty treats freshly baked or masterfully cooked.
- Gingerbread cookies – Whether man, woman, tree or even a whole house!
- Cupcakes – Why not make it a fun family event decorating them
- Figgy pudding – Do be careful lighting the brandy showstopper…
- Beef wellington – You’ll no doubt be saving turkey for the main event, but this one is a crowd pleaser too
- Vegan nut roast – You’ll find a whole host of recipes for this delicious dish served hot or cold. There’s a reason it’s a holiday favourite!
- Festive bunting – Easy enough for the whole family and homemade bunting can have so much more character than store bought
- Homemade cards – Homemade cards can be hung or displayed too
- Wreath – Hang one of these on your front door as a treat for the delivery folks going door to door like a certain jolly fellow we know…
Drinks to warm the heart
When it comes to lifting your spirits there are many who will swear by, well… spirits! The boozy kind of spirits at least.
- Mulled wine or cider – Anything mulled is a safe bet really
- Irish coffee or Hot toddy – Forget Jägerbombs, these are a much more civilised method of adding caffeine to your adult beverage
- Brandy Alexander – This indulgent classic combines cognac, crème de cacao and cream. Slurpp!
And for those who prefer to keep their wits about them…
- Hot chocolate – Try white chocolate for extra indulgence with a snowy look. Don’t forget the whipped cream and marshmallows! Sprinkled with a light dusting of cinnamon, this is a perfect holiday treat
The Magic of Cinema
We’ve compiled some of the top films the family can enjoy streaming together this December.
- The Midnight Sky – Available 23rd December
- The Christmas Chronicles 2 – Available now
- Jingle Jangle: A Christmas Journey – Available now
- Soul – Coming 25th December
- Lego Star Wars Holiday Special – Available now
- Mulan – Available now
- Noelle – Available now
- The Mandalorian – Because baby Yoda…
Amazon Prime Video
- The Holiday – Available now
- The Night Before – Available now
- Scrooged – Available now
Classic (and not so classic) festive songs
- Jingle Bell Rock – Bobby Helms
- A Holly Jolly Christmas – Burl Ives
- White Christmas – Bing Crosby
- Last Christmas – Wham!
- It’s the most Wonderful Time of the Year – Andy Williams
- Warm December – Sabrina Claudio
- Holidays – Meghan Trainor ft. Earth, Wind & Fire
- How Could This Be Christmas – Mandy Moore
Did anything on this list give you some holiday inspiration? Is there anything you think we missed out?! Let us know in the comments.